Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Welcome to the Snowpocalypse

As Captain Obvious would point out, Kansas has been hit by a blizzard, the likes of which have not been seen since 1982.

I would know. I had to dig myself out of it this morning.

And while I very much enjoyed watching it poop snow all evening; and while, with slightly perverse humor, I admit I kinda enjoy watching people getting stuck attempting to enter my street, I have realized that, dammit, I'm stranded, too. I literally cannot leave my block. Consequently, I have not left the vicinity of my house in two days.

I would like to think that i am immune to cabin fever. After all, I am happily enjoying my snow days and have been amazingly productive.

But now I'm starting to notice things.

I caught myself wearing a pair of red faux-bans in the house. A strange dog was running around in the backyard, but then he suddenly disappeared. Now I find myself writing a story about a magical, hibernating, banana-eating panda, cast out of his judgemental panda community for his strange ways.

It is an epic, tragically comic tale.

Needless to say, I have never been more ready for spring.

Punxsutawney Phil--you better not deceive me, you little fart.

-Kiernan

1 comment:

  1. Please post the story of the banana-eating panda, for I am intrigued.

    ReplyDelete